VINTAGE CHAD VALLEY TOYS - BARNEY DINOSAUR TOYS.
Vintage Chad Valley Toys
- a piece of equipment the is prone to failure (most pusser's kit)
- Chad Valley is a long-established brand of toys in the United Kingdom owned by Home Retail Group. The company has its roots in a printing business established by Anthony Bunn Johnson in Birmingham in the early 19th century.
- Equatorial Ultravox - 6/23/2011
- Denoting something of high quality, esp. something from the past or characteristic of the best period of a person's work
- Of, relating to, or denoting wine of high quality
- Vintage, in wine-making, is the process of picking grapes and creating the finished product. A vintage wine is one made from grapes that were all, or primarily, grown and harvested in a single specified year.
- a season's yield of wine from a vineyard
- (toy) plaything: an artifact designed to be played with
- An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something
- (toy) a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"
- An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult
- A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness
- (toy) dally: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
Chad Valley Toys - Vintage Tin Lithographed Humming Spinning Top - 2 of 2
This dates from the 1950s.
Information on the company:
Chad Valley is a long-established brand of toys
in the United Kingdom owned by Home Retail Group. The company has its roots in a printing business established by Anthony Bunn Johnson in Birmingham in the early 19th century. Under the management of his son Joseph and grandson Alfred the company moved to the suburb of Harborne, in the valley
of a stream called the Chad, from which the name comes. The company was one of the UK's leading toymakers for most of the 20th century, but in the 1970s it closed several factories and was taken over by Palitoy in 1978. The radio comedian Kenneth Horne was Chairman and Managing Director of the company from 1956 to 1958.
The brand name was bought by Woolworths in 1988 and remained in use until that company's closure due to insolvency. Home Retail Group, the parent company of retailers Homebase and Argos, purchased the brand for ?5 million on 20 January 2009. The Chad Valley brand is now available exclusively in the new
Chad Valley Snow White Set - 02 Large Happy
Happy from a complete 1930's set of the Chad Valley Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. This is the rare large set that was made originally. They very quickly shrank in size to something cheaper and easier to produce with wartime and post war restrictions and that is the size most normally found.
The large dwarves are 10 inches (25cm) rather than 5.5 inches (14cm) tall and the large Snow White doll is 17 inches (43cm) rather than 12 inches (30cm) tall.
Related topics: executive desktop toys fun toys for 3 year olds tonka toys uk pet shop toys for kids mcdonalds toys 2011 princess bath toys john deere toys tractors
- (月) 15:16:43|
- Category: None