Best Toys In The World : Popular Toys 1996.
Best Toys In The World
- “steady state” thermal values obtained from laboratory testing, it is assumed that temperatures at both sides of a wall are constant and remain constant for a period of time, unlike what actually occurs in normal conditions.
- (in this) therein: (formal) in or into that thing or place; "they can read therein what our plans are"
- Overview (total time = 00:29:39), I cover some definitions of lean, its roots in the Toyota Production System, and how resource planning and lean work together.
- people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
- Denoting one of the most important or influential people or things of its class
- All of the people, societies, and institutions on the earth
- universe: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
- The earth, together with all of its countries, peoples, and natural features
- global: involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance"
- An object, esp. a gadget or machine, regarded as providing amusement for an adult
- An object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something
- (toy) dally: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
- (toy) plaything: an artifact designed to be played with
- A person treated by another as a source of pleasure or amusement rather than with due seriousness
- (toy) a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"
Timpo Toys: WW II American GIs - 4 of 5
The English company Timpo Toys - 1938 to 1980 - was created from the company, Toy Importers Ltd. They were best
known for toy soldiers as well as animal figures. In 1981 many of the remaining assets were acquired by Toyway. Timpo produced a line of collectable dinosaurs in a waxy plastic smaller but roughly similar to the Miller and Marx figures. Moulds may still exist.
Timpo Toys star
ted hollow-cast production in 1949 and this use of lead was halted in about 1956. to make way for plastic ranges, again Timpo gave us some great Swoppet style figures in their knights, wild west and ancients.
For me their lead ranges were never surpassed, their last and for me their finest were the Quentin Qurward series from the MGM film of the same name, designed my Norman Tooth.
This final MGM and Timpo Toys collaboration followed on from the Knights of the Round Table and Ivanhoe which resulted in two great sets of knights.
Wild West Series. The wonderful wild west series was produced from 1950 to 1955 (approx.) I feel the best
Cowboy and Indians produced by a UK company
The horse and riders were sold in single plain or with great art work boxes. The standing figures were supplied in trade packs of one dozen.
There were also over 37 combination sets of figures depicting various wild west scenes, plenty to collect if you can find them, they are scarce, as are all the hollow-cast Timpo boxes.
Timpo Toys was a great producer of metal figures from 1950 till the star
t of the plastic’s from approx 1955.
Knights first produced in 1950 were unnamed usually painted in silver or gold, detachable from their horses. These remained in production till metal ranges were phased out.
The Timpo Toys Adventure Club was star
ted in the mid-seventies.
pictured are from the 1970s, including the badge.
TOYS- GALACTUS-THE WORLD DEVOURER: GALACTUS LACKS GALS
(BEST VIEWED LARGE)
GAEA, THE EARTH MOTHER GODDESS, REJECTED GALACTUS OUT OF HAND AFTER HE HAD DEVOURED ALL LIFE ON HER WORLD, "I WOULDN'T MARRY YOU IF YOU WERE THE LAST BEING IN THE COSMOS !!!"
GALACTUS ACCEPTED HER CONDITIONS, "DONE."
This attempt to put the "Gal" back into "Galactus" was way too tricksy. I shot the very large action figures (around 40 to 45 centimetres tall apiece) seperately just so I could keep them in focus, then isolated them in photoshop, where I also painted the devastated Earthscape.
The somewhat tedious bit was putting the straw and feathers back into Marilyn's headdress. Lots of feathery fun.
The lighting provided lots of amusement. I set the figures up on a light box so I'd get a nice soft glow coming from beneath them. Used a super bright L.E.D to highlight the Big G's face and a masked off torch to light up his hand. Simon Imberger, a filmmaking chum, has supplied me with some black foil and a good selection of cloth scrims to help grade the lights with.
I didn't mess with Ms. Monroe much lighting wise, just a bit of scrim over the bulb to soften her already creamy features a bit. I had to rig her gown with a fair bit of invisible thread to get that swirl on the hem.
The Galactus is the Marvel Legends composite action figure, and Marilyn is my partner Gail's most excellent Franklin Mint doll.
The concept of Marilyn as a giant personification of Gaea comes from John Varley's epic Science Fiction trilogy (Titan/Wizard/Demon) which I think is one of the jewels in the crown of the genre.
Related topics: big and small toys childrens toys wooden hot toys for christmas 2011 for girls cool toys for 9 year old boys children wood toys award winning toys 2011 most wanted christmas toys 2011 transformers 2 new toys festive inflatable toys toys wholesale uk
- (月) 15:22:52|
- Category: None